Registered Nurse On-hand 24/7
Our in-house care is planned and monitored by Registered Nurses at all times. This enables Hawkinge House to be a “home for life” for most residents.
The philosophy behind our nursing care is that residents should be able to live in the home with dignity and have staff available to support them to live as full and active a life as possible. To achieve this, our Registered Nurses endeavour to:
- Involve residents, carers and their families in planning each resident’s care.
- Monitor each resident’s physical well being as necessary.
- Provide hands-on nursing care in-house.
- Support residents in doing things for themselves and maximising their independence, including keeping contact with the outside community.
- Plan a choice of tasty and nutritious food.
- Take into account the needs and wishes of residents, and plan a variety of leisure and social activities.
- Respect residents’ modesty and make sure that they look respectable, while recognising residents’ choice about what they wear.